6.10.2010
World Cup: Spain
With the World Cup starting tomorrow I thought I would make some predictions about the tournament. I will be featuring a different country each day for the next few days and will point out why or why not I think they will win. First up is Spain.


My prediction for Spain: second place. They will make it to the final but I don't think they will win it this time around. The three reasons I think they will make it so far, first: the Spanish are legit athletes, Rafa Nadal, Alberto Contador... need I say more. Second: They are competitive people driven to win as evidenced by the two references above. Third: they are smart. If you have been to Spain and had tapas this is obvious. Everyone knows that appetizers are the best part of dinner, so they have decided to just eat appetizers for an entire meal. Brilliant.

You can forget about the loss to the US at the fed cup last year. They destroyed Poland earlier this week 6-0 and are going to destroy every team in their group. With Fernando Torres and David Villa up front they will be fun to watch as there will be a lot of goals scored. I don't think they will be challenged until at least the quarterfinals.

All of these pictures were taken in Spain except for the first picture of the Spanish flag. That was taken in Paris when Contador won the Tour de France last year.